Get ready for a marquee mid-week matchup as the 4th-ranked Nebraska volleyball team travels to California to face off against the 5th-ranked Stanford Cardinal. The duel will unfold at Maples Pavilion, with the first serve slated for 8 p.m. CT on Tuesday.
Fans can catch the live action on ESPN, and streaming is available on WatchESPN. Courtney Lyle and Holly McPeak will handle the commentary. Additionally, tune in to the Huskers Radio Network on 107.3 FM in Lincoln and AM 590 in Omaha for radio coverage, also available via live stream at Huskers.com and on the Huskers app.
Veteran play-by-play commentator John Baylor, now in his 30th season, and former Husker All-America setter Lauren (Cook) West will guide listeners through the radio broadcast.
Inside Husker Volleyball
- The Huskers are on a winning spree, boasting a 7-0 record for the second consecutive year.
- Their stifling defense, which led the nation last year, has continued to dominate, holding opponents to a measly .052 hitting average.
- Junior libero Lexi Rodriguez spearheads the defense with 3.45 digs per set, while freshman outside hitter Harper Murray leads on the attack front.
- Stanford stands at 6-1, with a notable win against No. 7 Texas.
- The Cardinal are striking with a .327 hitting average, while two-time All-American Kendall Kipp is a player to watch.
- Stanford has had the upper hand in previous meetings, but the Huskers are eager to shift the balance.
National and Program Highlights
- Nebraska holds the No. 4 spot in the AVCA Coaches Poll.
- The team’s enduring presence in the poll adds to their record 607 consecutive weeks of being ranked— the longest active streak in Division I across all sports.
Honors and Records
- Freshman Harper Murray earned Big Ten Freshman of the Week accolades on August 28.
- The program set an awe-inspiring attendance record at an outdoor match against Omaha with 92,003 fans— breaking both U.S. and world records for a women’s sporting event.
- Coming off a stellar season last year, the Huskers aim to make a deep run in the playoffs and continue their tradition of volleyball excellence.
Stay tuned for what promises to be an electrifying showdown between two of the nation’s top volleyball programs.
/ 2 days ago
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – A packed Wilkinson Hall bore witness to a thrilling showdown as...
/ 2 days ago
In anticipation of this high-voltage match-up, there was an echoing sentiment among many that...
/ 3 days ago
In the annals of college football, few matchups evoke the nostalgic blend of tradition...